Your invitations are a very important part of your wedding, it’s the first chance awe your guests before the big day!!! How impressive your invitations are may determine whether they get put on the front of the fridge for the next 3-4 months or stuffed into a junk drawer to be forgotten.
Stationery really sets the tone and formality of your wedding. Most importantly your wedding stationery should reflect you and your future husbands style and personality.
Below are what I believe are the top things to consider when choosing your stationery for the big day!
Top 10 Important things to consider when planning your wedding invitations
1. Your invitations should reflect your personal style & your event
2. They should be unique and stand out; your guests should feel they are receiving something special
3. Should neatly hold all important information about your wedding & location. Consider the size and style you may want, do you need inserts ?
4. Typography needs to be legible and have good flow & white space (this is the biggest mistake in DIY invitations & where a pro comes in handy)
5. They need to be affordable & stay within your budget *don’t forget to factor in postage
6. Invitations should be easy to assemble and should never cause you stress
7. They should be mailed 8-12 weeks before the wedding (or more if you have a lot of out of province guests)
8. Proof read, proof read, proof read! *there’s nothing worse then Aunt Sally pointing out a grammar error on your invitation after it’s printed and mailed
9. How many do you need? most brides order to little or to many, on average you need 1 invitation for every couple or family you are inviting. Allow for a few extra for last minute guests and keep a few for your wedding scrapbook.
10. Most importantly you should LOVE your wedding invitations!!! be proud of them and excited to show them off to all your close family and friends 🙂
Thanks for reading.