If you’ve ever received a thank-you note in the mail you know that there is nothing better than knowing a loving gesture or gift was truly appreciated. Expressing gratitude with a thank you card creates a more personal connection that you don’t get with emails and text messages.
I personally have a collection of thank you notes on my bulletin board in my office. Whenever I’m having a rough day, I look at those notes and all the positivity and grateful words make me remember why I love doing what I do.
Below I’m giving you a few short tips on how to write the perfect thank you note.
- Address the note with care by writing “Dear _____, “
- Express what you are thanking them for in detail.
- Explain how much you appreciate what they did for you or gifted you, what you love about it and how to plan to use it.
- Use the note as a way to re-connect with that person again, leave the communication open.
- Sign off in a loving and friendly manner. Say Thanks again, Sincerely, Best wishes..etc
My last tip is to be sincere and write from the heart, you might just brighten someone’s day.
Always make sure to have thank you cards on hand, you never know when you might need to send one!
Photo by: Shoshanna Fraser Photography