Twenty Sixteen is finally here and lots of couples are now in full force planning their weddings. If you’re one of those lucky gals to be married this year, it’s never to soon to get started on your stationery. I typically suggest once you have all your major wedding professionals booked (venue, decorator, florist & photographer), next on your list should be your stationery. If you’re 12-8 months away from your big day, save the date cards are a nice place to start. They allow your guests to know they will be invited to your wedding so they can plan a head their busy summer schedule and plan for travel if needed.
Things you should know:
• Your consultation is 100% on me! I always suggest for us to meet in person at least once, if that’s not possible we can chat over the phone or FaceTime to discuss your needs, ideas and stationery options. Once you decide which design package best fits and you’re ready to book you will receive a special stationery package that explains the process and guides you through all the items you may desire.
• Everything I do for you is 100% unique and personal to your big day, no two invitations suites are the same. I’m a graphic designer, so everything we talk about is carefully thought out and created by me. You can give ideas for inspiration and show me your pinterest boards and together we will come up with a concept and look that is perfectly you! This means, no templates or limitations, the papering possibilities are endless!
• I usually like to start discussing your custom stationery 3-4 months before you want to have them mailed out. This gives us lots of time to plan out the perfect design and not be to rushed in the proofing and assembly process. If you need them sooner, don’t sweat! I can still make it happen.
• Once we go back and fourth and you’re happy with the digital proofs, I print you a full sample and mail it out so you can hold it, show it to your closest family & friends to make sure everything is perfect.
• Your invitations are printed locally (unless you’ve requested high end finishes, like foil) so once everything is approved for production, everything will be printed and assembled in my studio. You can then decide to come pick them up or I can ship them out.
• Hopefully we’re not done yet! Most couples are now choosing a package that allows for some day of items, this is often my favourite part of the process. If you’re looking to pull your decor together and add some other unique elements, this is where we can get creative. Day of stationery really completes your decor, and you photographer will LOVE you it!
Below is a great example from Emily & Ken’s wedding this past summer. Emily fell in love with her stationery and you can tell she really had fun with some of the ideas she had for her day of items.
Photo credit & blog post for Emily & Ken:
Planning a wedding? send me an email to see how we can get creative together!
I could not have asked to work with a better person than Ashley to create our wedding invitations! She was absolutely wonderful to work with and designed us the most beautiful wedding invitations! Even when I had a DIY gone wrong with my table numbers, Ashley was there to save the day and make me new ones! I would highly recommend Creative Destiny to anyone that is looking for spectacular stationery!